We’ve been having so many great conversations on ShinyArt here in the SF Bay Area but we are really feeling the pull to bring ShinyArt to the Big Apple. So we’ve set aside some budget and are now looking for a contractor based in NYC who is as passionate about video art as we are.
See job description below. Let me know if you’re interested! Pass this along to any of your contacts!
Sales Associate, ShinyArt
New York City
ShinyArt (www.shinyart.com) is an exciting new online service that rents and streams contemporary video art to private, public and commercial spaces (think of it as the Netflix of video art). With the ubiquity of HDTVs in social and hospitality spaces, ShinyArt is ideally positioned to help high-end hotel, restaurant, and club owners turn these screens into canvases for contemporary art to enhance the overall design aesthetic of their space.
ShinyArt represents over 20 video artists and has achieved some success in renting contemporary video art to high-end clubs in the San Francisco Bay Area. Based on this success, the company is expanding to New York City.
The ideal applicant will be passionate about video art and the potential it has to animate the many screens we interact with in our daily lives. The Sales Associate should have contacts with the hotel/restaurant/club owners in New York and is excited by the prospect of introducing them to contemporary video art.
This is a unique opportunity to help build a new type of online art gallery, and help contemporary video art break out of the traditional gallery setting and introduce it to a wider audience.
The Sales Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited, to
• Developing sales campaigns in New York City and introducing ShinyArt to prospective customers
• Developing and managing ongoing customer relationships on behalf of ShinyArt
• Meeting with local video artists, and encouraging them to sign up with ShinyArt
The ideal candidate will have:
• An undergraduate degree in art, art history, design, architecture or related field
• A working knowledge of video art
• Familiarity with video production technologies
• Art sales experience
• Existing contacts among potential video art customers
Terms and compensation
• Three month contract position with the option to renew
• Base salary commensurate with experience plus commission
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Kristy Phillips (email@example.com) with the subject “Sales Associate”